Thursday, February 17, 2011

Whiteouts + Blackouts = Cold Apartments

Last night, my roommate and I had a few friends over for dinner.  It began to snow.  Shortly after dinner, the power went out.  Of course I didn’t remember where my flashlight was!  Instead, I opened the curtains to reap the benefits of the occasional car that drove by with headlights on.  Outside on the street, one of the cows had parallel parked himself between two cars to be shielded from the wind.
Right as I was thanking my lucky stars that I had spent the first half of my teaching salary on a blanket to compensate for blackouts with no space heater, the lights came back on, and I got a text from my principle proclaiming tomorrow would be a snow day.  Life was good.  I went back to hanging with friends and learning to write in Dzonka until 2 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment