Saturday, April 23, 2011

The world needs more dump trucks and high-powered people fist pumping.



A friend and I decided to head out for a drink.  We walked outside our apartment where cabs usually drive by, and we waited… and waited… and waited.  Around the bend came a dump truck, and almost in unison we shrugged, “Why not?”

Moments later, I was struggling to get my foot high enough to reach the ladder of the beastly truck.  Off to the bar!

When I arrived at the bar, I ran into my homeboy, the Ambassador of Kuwait.  He is an older gentleman, who everyone seriously calls “Your Excellence”.  Obviously, I decided I needed to teach him something new.  The “fist pump” it was!  The memory of holding a glass of wine in one hand and pumping my other arm in circles to the song “I Got a Feeling”, all while His Excellence arm pumped in unison next to me, is a memory I will never forget.  It turns out, it is pretty fun calling out your friend’s name while arm pumping with the ambassador, and seeing the look of surprise delight on your friend’s face.  Forget teaching or charity work… how about being a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment